Wednesday 23 April 2014

Ways to get to sleep after a stressful day!



Do you ever get those days that go by and you're just sitting in bed thinking a lot, and then getting stressed out that you can't sleep? Well I have been getting these a lot lately, whether it be things that have been going on in my life, a stressful day at work, or just being stressed in general. So today I thought would be the best day to give you some tips on how I have found my place to relax and yes one of them does include a baby bath product!!

1. Espa Restorative Bath Oil-  A deeply comforting, rebalancing blend to soothe, calm and uplift. I usually like to use this on the days when I feel really irritated and just can't seem to get my body in the right balance or frame of mind. I usually put 3 cap fulls of oil in to my warm bath, wait for the aromas to go around the bathroom a little bit and then just relaxing. It also helps a lot with my breathing, and I can honestly say, since I have been using this on a regular basis now, I usually end up getting in to bed putting the TV on and within 20 minutes I have gone in to a pretty deep sleep.

2. Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath- OK this may seem a little crazy that this would even be on something like this as I know that there are a tun of other products out there that can help you relax before you sleep. But if you are on a budget or need a quick fix, I find this bubble bath to be amazing, I usually come out the bath and feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It doesn't work as much as what my ESPA oil does, but if you don't want to be getting out of a bath all oily then this gives you the right amount of bubbles and will just help you de stress.

3. Kalms Sleep tablets- So I wasn't to sure if I wanted to put these in or not, just because I find these to be an easy fix, but I will say if I am desperate to get some sleep and I know before I get in to bed that I am going to be over thinking as soon as my head hits that pillow and I know I have to be up at silly o'clock in the morning then I will take these, as they put you in to a natural sleep and all the ingredients are organic.

4. Calm.com- This is an app that you can get on your IPhone one that I have become engrossed it just before I go to bed I have been trying not to use my phone an hour before I go to sleep, so I can have some time away from any sort of electrical device, accept for my TV depending on whether I am reading a book or not. But this little app right here, just before bed will put your mind in to a complete relaxing state, they do different sessions, or you can put your timer on and just listen. You will soon feel extremely relaxed and your sleep will come naturally to you.

5.This Works: breathe in- This works products have to be one of the most amazing things that I have ever discovered. I am obsessed with the pillow spray, but unfortunately I have run out of that now. So I have this little roller ball that you put on your wrists and temples, and it has a slight lavender smell to it. It's extremely calming, and seems to put me in to a pretty deep sleep too. 


Another solution that I haven't put in the picture is a book, sometimes I like to just turn my phone off, until I go to sleep and need my alarm and just have 1 or 2 hours to myself to not think about the world and twitter,instagram and Facebook and all of those and just take time for me. When I read a book I go in to my own little world, especially on trains and while I'm laying in bed. It's time just to shut out everything that is going on around me and just imagine what it would be like to be in the story of that moment. I don't think anybody realises how much time we spend on our phones now and not actually talking to people. Especially when you go out for dinner and you see groups of people and there all on there phones, where has communication gone in this day in age!!



How do you relax? Do you have any specific methods that you use at all? Let me know in the comments below.


Kirsty
xxxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment