Monday 3 February 2014

Lifestyle| Spas I have been to

Since we are now in the month of February and the month of valentines I thought I would do a couple of posts all about romance.

I am a big lover of going to spas and so is my boyfriend. So on the odd occasion we decide that it is time to book either a spa day or spa break. Who can't resist being pampered all day, and not have to worry about the world (this sounds perfect to me). So this comes on to me wanting to share some of my experiences of spas that I have been to in the last couple of years with you guys. And I defiantly have one favourite that I couldn't recommend enough! This is going to be a variety of spas in England and also when I have been on holiday. So let's get started:


1. Bahia spa, Grand Bahia Príncipe Cayacoa, Dominican Republic samana
So the first spa that we went to was when we went on holiday to Dominican Republic, it was the last week that we was on holiday and we thought why not spoil ourselves a little bit and have a massage, so we went to the spa bit and had a look through there book and we found a romantic couples one, which included a nice jacuzzi, which had flowers and candles all around in and this was for 30 mins and then an hour full body massage and then we went to relax in there relaxation room. This was a really nice day and just a day to spend time together relaxing and enjoying our holiday, and taking away the stresses that we had in England. I thought I would name the spa and the hotel just so you know where it was. 


2. Aqua sana, Center Parcs, Elvenden
When we went for our 3 year anniversary, we spent it at center parcs, elvenden and for one of my presents I got a spa day in the Aqua Sana, and although we didn't have a massage, Center Parcs do have different rooms that you can go in to and relax so they have a sauna, salt room, relaxation room, herbal room all different types of rooms and you can go in to each one and relax and then they have beds that are outside with duvets and big squishy water beds that you can just relax in, we spent pretty much all day here and it was lovely defiantly a nice place to unwind and just look through the trees somewhere to recommend if you do go for a break here! 


3. Crown Plaza Five lakes, Essex
I went to the spa here with one or our friends we all went on a couple spa/golf break, and we got a deal on the spas here and getting treated to a nice bit of pampering while the boys where playing golf. This was really nice we had a full body massage and a facial I think and it was just nice to catch up and just relax throughout the day and then go out in the evening when we met the boys. And they also do some really good deal on there website and on spabreaks.com 


4. The Athenaeum, London
So I decided to book a spa day in London as I felt like we needed pampering and it took me a while to decide if I wanted to book one or not and then a really good deal came up on living social and it came with a full body massage, dinner, champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries, I think I paid about £199 and it was really nice as this was the second place that we have been where you get to have a massage in the same room aswell. It was very nice but the spa seemed very small compared to there sister hotel which I will be talking about next. And it came at a very good time for us to both go as things where going on and there defiantly needed to be some time for the two of us and just relax from the stress that was going on!


5. The Grove, Watford
This has got to be the best, hotel tha go have ever gone to and the best spa that I have ever gone to, cannot praise this hotel enough! A lady that I work with knew that I was going to the Harry potter studios in Watford and recommended this hotel as somewhere to go and I thought why not make it in to a nice weekend, so I booked us a spa break as well, and it has to be the best massage I have ever had, the lady that I had felt that I had some horrible knots in my back so she spent so much time on my back that when I came out I felt like the world had been taken off my shoulders, and dan felt all refreshed as well. I also had a body wrap put on that was nice and green and the lady that did that was lovely as well even if I did look like an ogre! I can't praise the staff that work in this hotel as much as what I would like to, but this is somewhere that I would defiantly recommend. It's £225pp and this includes staying, breakfast, dinner and a massage and use of the swimming pool. Although this hotel can be a little on the pricey side it's so worth all the money!! 


I do want to say that I am sorry that the pictures aren't ones that I have taken, these are off there websites but I just wanted to give you an idea of each, and if you know any other good spas about please do let me know as I would love to try some new ones out? 

Kirsty
Xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment